This is what we spent our summer doing. Having tired of the no-show contractors, we gave up and did it ourselves.
- Dug the pond
- Fitted the pond liner
- Installed the pump, filter and plumbing lines
- Moved every one of those river rocks by hand to the porch and back into the yard
- Installed a drainage system
- Added over a half ton of fill dirt
- Planted trees and shrubs
- Distributed countless bags of gravel and drainage rock
- Spread 40+ bags of mulch
- Filled the pond
The garage door fountain still needs some work since the contractors who were supposed to make it water tight, didn't, so it leaks through the door a bit. But we're almost there.
[At long last!]
SAVE YOUR CORKS!!
[Only 2,287 more needed for our Wine Cellar Wall!]
Quote du jour:
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
Marcus Tullius Cicero (106BC - 3BC)
Roman statesman, scholar, orator
previous ~ home ~ next